The History of Angel Fire


Long before white settlers came to the area, the Moreno Valley was called home to the nomadic Moache Ute and Jicarilla Apache tribes, who gathered here in the summer and fall. According to legend, the Utes called the glow against Agua Fria Peak the "fire of the gods." Franciscan friars changed the name to “Angel Fire,” in 1845.

Related Subject

Travel Videos